- Join over a million renters who found a home on Rent.com -- it's FREE!
- Rent.com is #1 in renter traffic and features tens of thousands of rentals - with more added daily!
- Detailed listings of condo rentals include amenities, photos, floor plans, contact information, and more!
1 Bedroom Apartment in Your City From Rent.com
- Atlanta 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Austin 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Baltimore 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Boston 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Charlotte 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Chicago 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Cincinnati 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Cleveland 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Columbus 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Dallas 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Denver 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Detroit 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Houston 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Indianapolis 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Jacksonville 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Kansas City 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Las Vegas 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Los Angeles 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Memphis 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Miami 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Milwaukee 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Minneapolis 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Nashville 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Orlando 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Philadelphia 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Phoenix 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Portland 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Sacramento 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Salt Lake City 1 Bedroom Apartment
- San Antonio 1 Bedroom Apartment
- San Diego 1 Bedroom Apartment
- San Francisco 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Seattle 1 Bedroom Apartment
- St. Louis 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Tampa 1 Bedroom Apartment
- Washington, DC 1 Bedroom Apartment
And once you're moved in, the real fun begins with decorating! Design and organize your 1 room home and transform your personal space into something appealing and cozy. Before you can start decorating your new 1 room home, walk around the house and make a list of things that you need to change: Does the space need to be repainted? Is there place for your furniture or do you need to get new pieces? What kind of curtains do you need to enhance the windows? This article contains a few helpful ideas for making the most of your single room apartment.
Decorating Tips for Your 1 Bedroom Apartment
Choosing light colors for your 1 bedroom apartment will make the room look more spacious and will also give it a more elegant feel. Painting a single wall in a rich deep color can add depth to the room. In case you don't like the idea of painting your apartment white but are also unsure of what colors to choose, then try colors from the same color family. Using different shades of one color in different parts of the apartment or can give your 1 room home a more open, cool, and collected look. You also can try contrasting a cool wall paint color with bright-colored shelves, pillows, or other accent pieces.
Use Reflective Surfaces
Reflective surfaces will make your 1 room house appear larger. A large framed mirror will give the idea of space as well as add a touch of class to your 1 room abode. Mirrors can be employed in many ways, so try experimenting with a few ideas. Mirrored sconces with lights or votive candles are elegant in entryways or paired with framed photos on a living room wall. You can use mirror tiles to create patterns on your wall that not only increase the sense of space but also reflect your unique style. Moreover, you can pair standard and frosted or textured glass to create beautiful wall hangings.
When choosing upholstery for your 1 room place, use bold plaids and stripes only in small amounts or in accent pieces because in large amounts they can make your space look smaller. Solid colors give the illusion of more space. When choosing fabric for curtains, slip covers, or table covers for your 1 room house, select sheer fabrics, stripes, or soft floral patterns, or bright geometric styles that suit your personal style. Patterns and stripes when spread around a room in small amounts can trick the eye into seeing more movement within the space, which creates the illusion of more space.
Organizing Your Space
Your bedroom is the first room you see when you wake up, so make it enjoyable. Using wardrobe units that keep everything contained and stacked or off the floor. Get a small shoe rack to save space. And invest in your bedding. A beautiful bold comforter, stylish pillows, and a nice mattress can do wonders to your quality of life.
Storage Spaces in Your 1 bedroom Apartment
Most 1 room apartments don't have sufficient storage spaces. To tackle the problem of storage, you should make use of the existing storage spaces as well as create your own unique storage space. Here are some ways to get creative with storage:
A skirted table cloth can turn a small file cabinet or storage boxes into an end table.
Cabinets, bookcases, and shelves offer more vertical storage space than a simple desk or table.
A rolling box under the bed doubles up as storage space for clothes, linens, and shoes.
A Clutter Free 1 Room Apartment
To make the most of your 1 room space, ensure that your apartment is free from clutter. Over-sized furniture makes the room look cramped. Don't display all your knick-knacks or it may appear messy. Instead, select a few tasteful pieces and store the rest. Avoid placing furniture in walkways. Smaller pieces of furniture like ottomans, stools, and coffee tables near the walls instead of in the middle of a room open can make your 1 room apartment look even more spacious.
The biggest advantage of staying in a 1 bedroom place is that it is easy to maintain and keep clean. Rent.com will help you find the perfect 1 room apartment, all you need to do is move in and start decorating!