- Join over a million renters who found a home on Rent.com -- it's FREE!
- Rent.com is #1 in renter traffic and features tens of thousands of rentals - with more added daily!
- Detailed listings of condo rentals include amenities, photos, floor plans, contact information, and more!
2 Bedroom Apartment in Your City From Rent.com
- Atlanta 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Austin 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Baltimore 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Boston 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Charlotte 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Chicago 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Cincinnati 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Cleveland 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Columbus 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Dallas 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Denver 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Detroit 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Houston 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Indianapolis 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Jacksonville 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Kansas City 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Las Vegas 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Los Angeles 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Memphis 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Miami 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Milwaukee 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Minneapolis 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Nashville 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Orlando 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Philadelphia 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Phoenix 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Portland 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Sacramento 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Salt Lake City 2 Bedroom Apartment
- San Antonio 2 Bedroom Apartment
- San Diego 2 Bedroom Apartment
- San Francisco 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Seattle 2 Bedroom Apartment
- St. Louis 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Tampa 2 Bedroom Apartment
- Washington, DC 2 Bedroom Apartment
Your 2 Bedroom Apartment: What to Do with a Spare Room
If you have an extra room or bedroom in your home, you can play with interior decorating ideas to turn the room from just another boring guest room into something that's fun and exciting for you and your guests. Get out your rental policy and make sure you know what you are not allowed to do, then start brainstorming all the things you could do.
How To Begin
Before you begin decorating, you'll need to have some idea of what you want to do with the room in terms of its character and purpose. Look at your spare room, get a feel for it, and think about what you could turn it into based your hobbies or other interests. For example, if you have a passion for plants that you've been unable to indulge in because you don't have a yard, you could actually turn your spare room into a combination sun or meditation room and intimate indoor garden if the room is positioned to get plenty of natural light. On the other hand, if you have nieces, nephews, or children of your friends that come over often, you could turn your spare room into a playroom or nursery.
Ask yourself questions about what you wish you had space for (reading, painting, working out, etc.). Assess the space when it's empty and take measurements of the walls and windows so that you can choose appropriate furnishings. One of the fastest, easiest, and least expensive ways to give a room a makeover is to paint it. Choose a color that will enhance the room's purpose — a calm color like blue or lavender for artistic inspiration or a bright color to inspire energy. Mix and match tones for fun when you're decorating to make the room one of a kind.
Tried-and-True Spare Room Makeover Ideas
Game Room: Having a game room in your home can be fun. Put in a pool table, a foosball table, or that arcade game you were addicted to as a kid. The only thing you'll need to keep in mind if you choose to turn your spare room into a game room is the space requirement. Measure your room and decide accordingly what you can fit comfortably. You'll also need to allow for enough arm and leg room to play the game. An easy way to make it fun for all ages is to also include a small table for board games and puzzles.
Studio: Turn the spare room into a studio — be it an art studio if you're an aspiring painter, a music or recording studio if you play an instrument, or even a digital studio for amateur filmmaking. A studio can serve a duel role as an office or be an exclusive escape from your office. Hang art or posters on the walls that will feed your passion.
Library: For those who prefer to cozy up to poetry or a paperback instead of the latest Hollywood blockbuster, turning the spare bedroom of your home or apartment into a library is the answer. Install top-quality shelving units, pick a comfortable recliner or sofa to curl up in, and you're set. Consider different lighting options that will set the right mood and help your eyes. You can add a punch of color by painting the insides or back panels of your shelves a different color than the walls.
Bar and Lounge: For those of you who like to entertain, adding a bar/lounge separate from your living room is a great way to utilize the spare room in your apartment. Put in a bar with bar stools, a music system with recessed speakers, intimate lighting, and comfortable seating, and watch as your friends flock to your 2 bedroom apartment for your next party.
These are just a few ways in which you can fully enjoy the extra room in your home. Just remember, the options are endless, but you need properly assess what will best suit the room, before you start decorating. Take into consideration lighting, size, color, and most importantly, have fun as you reinvent the spare room of your 2 bedroom home.