Rent.com Reward Card Policy
How to Claim Your $100 Visa® Reward Card
The $100 Visa® Reward Card is offered for many but not all properties advertised on the Rent.com website. Look for indications such as "$100 Reward Card Eligible" or "Report Your Lease" on the specific advertisement for the property. If the advertisement does not include such a reference, that property is not participating in the $100 Reward Card program and the renter will not be entitled to receive the $100 Visa Reward Card (nor will the renter need to report a lease for the property).
For participating properties, only one Reward Card will be offered per lease (i.e., if two or more people sign a lease and move into the same apartment, only one Reward Card will be offered for that lease).
If the $100 Reward Card is offered, then the following requirements apply:
Find Your New Home Using Rent.com.
Residence Required. You must sign a new lease and move into the rental property. Then the property must validate that (1) your name appears on the lease agreement as an occupant; and (2) you have actually lived in the unit for more than 30 days.
Property on Rent.com. To qualify to receive a Reward Card, the property must be listed on Rent.com and you must find the property on Rent.com. Please refer below to see the additional details. Renters will not qualify to receive a Reward Card if they find their new home using other online or offline resources or are otherwise associated with the property, such as:
- Renters who may have previously lived in the property listed on the lease report form.
- Renters who may have previously lived in a property that is owned or managed by the same company as the property listed on the lease report form.
- Renters who are current or former employees of the property listed on the lease report form.
- Renters who are current or former employees of a property that is owned or managed by the same company as the property listed on the lease report form.
- Renters who find their home using other websites.
- Renters who have been referred by an apartment locator or a resident of the property.
Confirmation by Rent.com. Rent.com must be able to confirm your use of our website. When you sign in to your account, we keep track of which listings you've seen. When you submit a lease report form, we look at your account to make sure you viewed the listing for the property where you've signed a lease before you signed that lease. If you have more than one account, you must be able to provide Rent.com with the account you used to view the listing of your new home. We must be able to confirm your lease and occupancy with your new landlord.
- Tell the Leasing Office You Found the Property on "Rent.com." When visiting a property, have the leasing office note that you found the property on "Rent.com." The leasing agent or landlord may ask for your name and contact information — this is the perfect time to mention that you found the property on Rent.com. In addition, you should note "Rent.com" as your source wherever possible: on the guest card, lease application, and any other paper or electronic documentation. This helps us verify your use of Rent.com to find the property.
Report Your Lease by Completing Rent.com's Lease Report Form to Claim Your Reward Card.
Signed a New Lease. You must have signed a new lease at a property you found on Rent.com. If you (or anyone leasing with you) has signed a previous lease agreement, has a previous relationship with the property, or is merely renewing an existing lease, you will not qualify to receive a Reward Card. Only one Reward Card will be granted per lease signed. If different cosigners of the same lease submit separate lease report forms, one Reward Card will be granted for the first form received and verified.
Submission Deadline. You must submit your lease report form within 120 days after moving to the property. However, if the property has been terminated from Rent.com, you must submit your lease report form within 30 days after property termination. You can also submit your lease report form prior to move-in.
Expected Timing for Receipt of Reward Card. Processing the lease report form usually takes 8-10 weeks from your move-in date or the day you report your lease, whichever is later.
Survey. After you submit your lease report, we may send you a survey asking for your feedback on your new property. We will use your survey responses to produce ratings and reviews that will appear on the property's website. Your confidentiality will be maintained (you may be identified by your first name and last initial). You are not required to complete the survey.
Last updated: March 13, 2014