Start your apartment search now
View detailed rental listings for Indianapolis apartments, condos, townhomes, and houses for rent— including photos, floor plans, and virtual tours.
Apartments in Indianapolis, IN Neighborhoods from Rent.com
- Airport District
- Augusta Green
- Broad Ripple Village
- Carriage House North
- Carson Square
- Castle Knoll Farms
- Castleton East
Popular Apartment Searches in Indianapolis
Featured Duplexes in Indianapolis, IN
new remodeled ,2 br duplex,in quiet area.
Indianapolis IN, 46123
Duplexes in a Different City
- Atlanta Duplex For Rent
- Austin Duplex For Rent
- Chicago Duplex For Rent
- Dallas Duplex For Rent
- Denver Duplex For Rent
- Houston Duplex For Rent
- Indianapolis Duplex For Rent
- Los Angeles Duplex For Rent
- Las Vegas Duplex For Rent
- Minneapolis Duplex For Rent
- Orlando Duplex For Rent
- Philadelphia Duplex For Rent
Overview of Indianapolis
Finding a duplex for rent in Indianapolis can be an ideal compromise between renting an apartment and renting a house. For people who have outgrown apartment living but who aren't yet ready for the expense of a house rental, a duplex can provide the right combination of factors to satisfy both the renter's modest budget and their desire to live in a house.
Finding a Duplex for Rent
To find duplexes for rent in Indianapolis, IN, search the areas surrounding downtown. Because some duplexes are remodeled houses, many of them are found in quieter residential areas.
Benefits of Renting a Duplex Apartment
- Garage - Most duplexes have garages or carports.
- Yard - You get to enjoy a yard without having to maintain it yourself.
- Fewer Neighbors - In addition to the more peaceful, residential atmosphere, duplexes have fewer shared walls than apartments.
- Pet Friendly - Because duplexes are more like houses than apartments and often include yard space, they are usually more likely to be pet friendly than apartments.
- Various Layouts - Duplexes come in a few different configurations, some with two bedrooms or more. Most are split side-by-side, however some are split into upper and lower level apartments, meaning you have no shared walls and a good rent rate.
- More Storage - Because of the house-like design and garage space, a duplex can offer much more storage space than an apartment.
- Quicker Repairs - Fewer tenants and less property to maintain means repairs can be taken care of more quickly than in a large apartment complex.
Find a Duplex Rental: Indianapolis Downtown Districts
You may increase your chances of finding a good duplex for rent if you learn more about the areas in and around downtown Indianapolis. Downtown Indianapolis is broken up into six artistic, historical, and modern districts known as:
- Broad Ripple Village - Six miles north of downtown, this art scene has parks and historic buildings as well as shops and clubs with live music.
- Canal and White River State Park - Indiana's museum and cultural attractions corridor, including a zoo, gardens, art museums, the NCAA Hall of Champions, Victory Field, and the waterway.
- Fountain Square - A historic neighborhood with a European village kind of feel.
- Indiana Ave. - Home to the Madame Walker Theatre Center, this historic neighborhood is where Indianapolis's jazz scene can be found.
- Massachusetts Ave. - An arts and theater district, this area is full of shops and restaurants.
- Wholesale District - This area includes the Circle Centre mall, hotels, and various forms of entertainment.