Start your apartment search now
View detailed rental listings for Indianapolis apartments, condos, townhomes, and houses for rent— including photos, floor plans, and virtual tours.
Apartments in Indianapolis, IN Neighborhoods from Rent.com
- Airport District
- Augusta Green
- Broad Ripple Village
- Carriage House North
- Carson Square
- Castle Knoll Farms
- Castleton East
Popular Apartment Searches in Indianapolis
Featured Rentals in Indianapolis, IN
Now offering FREE WI-FI at the clubhouse AND Washer/Dryer connections now available in select 1 and 2 bedroom apartments.
Indianapolis IN, 46250
Convenient To I-465 (Dual Access). GAS HEATING PAID!
Indianapolis IN, 46224
Spacious lakeside apartments and townhomes in Indianapolis, Indiana, northeast of downtown. Many homes have a patio or balcony and lake views. Amenities include a fitness center, two lakeside pools, fishing lakes and carports.
Indianapolis IN, 46256
Distinctive by design... Now leasing 1 and 2 bedroom Apartments and Townhomes on the Northwest side of Indianapolis. Washer and dryer included free of charge in every Apartment Home! Now offering Stainless Steel and Black Appliance upgrades.
Indianapolis IN, 46268
Free Washer/Dryer Hookups! Free Covered Parking! Free Waterfront View!
Indianapolis IN, 46214
Rentals in a Different City
- Atlanta Rentals By Owner
- Austin Rentals By Owner
- Chicago Rentals By Owner
- Dallas Rentals By Owner
- Denver Rentals By Owner
- Houston Rentals By Owner
- Indianapolis Rentals By Owner
- Los Angeles Rentals By Owner
- Las Vegas Rentals By Owner
- Minneapolis Rentals By Owner
- Orlando Rentals By Owner
- Philadelphia Rentals By Owner
Overview of Indianapolis
Rentals by owner come in many shapes and sizes, just like rentals that are owned and operated by property management companies. The difference between rentals by owner and other rentals is more apparent in terms of the potentially more relaxed approach by owners toward the tenant-landlord relationship.
Rentals by owner run the rental property gamut: they include apartments, duplexes, condos, townhouses, and homes. Make sure you have a clear understanding of your own rental needs before you make any final decisions on what to rent.
Rentals by Owner: Benefits
Rentals by owner offer tenants a living situation that can be elicit better communication between the renter and landlord than occurs when you're just one of a large number of tenants on a company's list. Homeowners tend to have more personally invested in their property than a large company so they may be more concerned and conscientious about maintaining the property and keeping their tenants happy.
Rentals by owner properties may also offer lower rents in order to attract prospective tenants and compete with modern apartment complexes with long lists of amenities.
Where to Rent an Indianapolis Home
If you can't familiarize yourself with parts of Indianapolis before moving there, check out these capsule descriptions of some of the city's neighborhoods.
Downtown: Broad Ripple Village, Canal and White River State Park, Fountain Square, Indiana Ave., Massachusetts Ave., and Wholesale Districts.
Included Towns of Indianapolis (a partial list) with houses for rent:
- Clermont - Known for hosting the Lucas Oil Raceway, which has one of the country's premier short-track ovals and drag racing event.
- Crows Nest -A wooded, exclusive residential enclave.
- Homecroft - A tiny town that was incorporated into Indianapolis in 1970 as part of the city and county government consolidation plan.
- Meridian Hills - This affluent, wooded community has the authority to levy its own taxes and pass ordinances.
- Rocky Ripple - Somewhat isolated, this area is located between the Central Canal and the White River.
- West Newton - A small Quaker-settled town inside Decatur Township.
- Williams Creek - Once home to Kurt Vonnegut's family, this little town was first incorporated as an exclusive, wealthy community in 1925.