- Join over a million renters who found a home on Rent.com -- it's FREE!
- Rent.com is #1 in renter traffic and features tens of thousands of rentals - with more added daily!
- Detailed listings of condo rentals include amenities, photos, floor plans, contact information, and more!
Townhomes For Rent in Your City From Rent.com
- Atlanta Townhomes For Rent
- Austin Townhomes For Rent
- Baltimore Townhomes For Rent
- Boston Townhomes For Rent
- Charlotte Townhomes For Rent
- Chicago Townhomes For Rent
- Cincinnati Townhomes For Rent
- Cleveland Townhomes For Rent
- Columbus Townhomes For Rent
- Dallas Townhomes For Rent
- Denver Townhomes For Rent
- Detroit Townhomes For Rent
- Houston Townhomes For Rent
- Indianapolis Townhomes For Rent
- Jacksonville Townhomes For Rent
- Kansas City Townhomes For Rent
- Las Vegas Townhomes For Rent
- Los Angeles Townhomes For Rent
- Memphis Townhomes For Rent
- Miami Townhomes For Rent
- Milwaukee Townhomes For Rent
- Minneapolis Townhomes For Rent
- Nashville Townhomes For Rent
- Orlando Townhomes For Rent
- Philadelphia Townhomes For Rent
- Phoenix Townhomes For Rent
- Portland Townhomes For Rent
- Sacramento Townhomes For Rent
- Salt Lake City Townhomes For Rent
- San Antonio Townhomes For Rent
- San Diego Townhomes For Rent
- San Francisco Townhomes For Rent
- Seattle Townhomes For Rent
- St. Louis Townhomes For Rent
- Tampa Townhomes For Rent
- Washington, DC Townhomes For Rent
Townhomes for Rent vs. Condos
Very often people end up confusing townhomes with condos because the two terms are sometimes used interchangeably in real estate lexicon. The reality is that townhomes and condos differ in many aspects, and it is important for renters to be aware of the difference before they start their rental search. The major difference between a townhome and a condo is its structure and design. While both properties are located adjacent to other properties, a townhome is attached to other properties only on the sides. On the other hand, a condo has attached properties on the side as well as above and below it. From a legal perspective, a townhome includes ownership of the land that it is built on, as well as the space above it. However, in the case of condos, ownership of the land that the condo is constructed on is extremely limited. Owing to the host of features that are available with townhomes at reasonably affordable rates, they are the preferred properties for rent in the real estate market these days.
Benefits of Renting a Townhome
A townhome is designed with all the features of an independent single family home in the limited available space. The floor plan conserves the land designated for lawns and large external parking areas in single family homes, making the property more affordable. Moreover, the shared community space and common walls reduce the maintenance cost considerably. Overall, they are the best option available to families that want to enjoy the features of individual homes at an affordable rent.
Most contemporary townhomes have a wide range of features and amenities for the comfort and convenience of their residents. Besides independent washer-dryer units, spacious kitchens, and central air conditioning installed inside the townhomes, they sometimes also offer such community features as swimming pools, fitness centers, and tennis courts. They also may be safer than independent houses due to their proximity to other homes in the neighborhood, while still having the privacy of separate, independent enclosures.
Searching for the Right Townhome
Just like any other property for rent, there are a number of factors that you should consider before leasing a townhome. Think about the kind of property that will meet all your requirements with respect to number of rooms, floors, covered area, and the community. Also, determine your budget and the maximum that you are willing to spend on rent. While working out your budget, take into consideration the fact that a part of the cost will be a one-time, up-front deposit that is refundable at the end of your lease term. Once you have a budget, start your search with the resources on the Rent.com. Prepare a list of properties for rent that you find suitable on the basis of the data available from the individual listing page. Use the contact information to get in touch with the property manager to schedule a meeting with the landlord. On your visit to the townhome, review all the details of the listing. Personally inspect the condition of the rooms, kitchen, bathrooms, parking space, paint, plumbing, and the equipment that the owner is providing per the agreement. If you are a pet owner, it is important to discuss the pet policy with the landlord as early as possible. Also, make sure that you understand all aspects of the agreement and are comfortable with the terms and conditions before signing on the dotted line.
Townhomes with Rent.com
Searching for townhomes for rent has never been easier. Rent.com, the internet's number one rental property website, gives you complete townhome listings for various areas in the simplest and the fastest manner. Start your search by specifying the location in terms of city, state, or zip code and define a range for the maximum and minimum rent you are willing to pay, and then the search tool will generate a list of properties that match the given requirements. All the townhomes that are in the defined range will be listed under the townhomes, condos, and houses tab. Moreover, you can further narrow down the search by specifying the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, pet policy, and amenities. Each individual listing carries detailed information about the townhome that includes such features as the kitchen, outdoor areas, parking, laundry, and leisure facilities available at the property. Also included are outdoor and indoor pictures that give you a better look at the home before you visit the property. Each listing will also display comprehensive leasing information including the expected rent, one time deposit, leasing terms, and the contact details of the property manager. Besides finding the best quotes on rental properties for free, users get all the information on the property they need at Rent.com.
So if you are looking for townhomes for rent on the internet, trust the number one property listing website online, Rent.com.